[Jobposts] DevOps Engineer at SKIntertainment
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:57:16 UTC 2015
*Title: **DevOps Engineer*
*Location: Chicago, IL*
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to SKIntertainment
recruiter's inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server
SK Intertainment was established in 1999 as the creative home for the
renowned film-review website MrSkin.com. As the owner and operator of one
of the most trafficked websites online, SK Intertainment has remained on
the forefront of web technology, expanding its reach with strategic
acquisitions and constant development of new products. SK’s growing
portfolio includes multiple award winning membership based websites which
reside under the Mr. Skin Cash affiliate program, a network of popular free
websites and blogs, as well as the standout Radio Prep service, Good Parts
Media. With innovative technology, ample talent and an eye toward the
future, SK Intertainment has generated an ever-growing global presence. As
an active participant in the entertainment industry- producing books,
newsletters, web content, branded merchandise, radio and television
content- SK fosters excellent relations with advertisers, affiliates and,
most importantly, the consumer. SK’s subsidiaries have been profiled in The
New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Playboy, Maxim, The
Chicago Tribune, The Chicago Sun-Times, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur
Magazine, and The New York Post.
We are looking for someone to join the SK tech team in an infrastructure
engineering and development operations role. The ideal candidate will be
able to hit the ground running with their hands on a a sprawling and
diverse array of services and websites. Along with automating and
maintaining our existing production environment, you will also work closely
with our tech and development team to improve performance and deploy new
projects and features.
*Who you are*
• Self-directed and motivated, plan your activities (and communicate that
plan), and meet deadlines.
• Obsessed with performance, consistency and uptime.
• Passionate about staying current and applying the most innovative
industry best practices to the position.
• Thrive under pressure and have excellent problem solving skills,
especially when it matters most.
• A great communicator, able to explain complex systems and problems to
coworkers regardless of their technical knowledge.
• Highly experienced in all things Linux server administration, ideally
Debian or Ubuntu. This includes purchasing hardware, racking servers,
installing the OS and getting the appropriate software stack ready for use.
• Highly proficient in a shell scripting language and comfortable with Ruby
• Well acquainted with Chef and infrastructure deployment automation.
• Strive to automate everything possible.
• Have a working understanding of common open-source virtualization
platforms, ideally Openstack on KVM.
• Have 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
*Last week you might have...*
• Deployed a highly-available cluster of virtual machines set up with
nginx, Unicorn, and Ruby for a new website.
• Written a Chef cookbook to manage internal DNS services, a script to scan
S3 for uploaded files and process them with ffmpeg, and a daemon that
listens for HTTP requests and reports back about the health of a database
• Debugged and fixed a load balancer performance issue.
• Contract or contract to hire
• Some local travel required (to our servers in Elk Grove Village)
• Subsidized medical and dental insurance (full time)
• 401(k) Plan with company contributions for vested employees (full time)
• Generous vacation time (full time)
• Bi-weekly catered company lunches
• Transit benefit program and employee gym benefits
• Motorized sit/stand desk.
• Recreation room with a pool table and ping pong.
• Chicago - Easy walking distance from the Damen Blue Line.
More information about the Jobposts