[Jobposts] Performance Engineer at A2 Hosting

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:52:27 UTC 2015

Title:   Performance Engineer
Location:  Ann Arbor, MI, USA.

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to A2 Hosting recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1BDkbqz <http://bit.ly/1wvBFQc>

We are currently seeking experienced Systems Engineers who can help us
further develop our SwiftServer platform as we continue to grow!

The Performance Engineer is an integral part of the company. This position
works closely with the Systems Administrators to continually improve upon
our existing infrastructure and to keep us up¬to¬date with new and
innovative products & technologies. This position will also diagnose and
fix complex hardware, software and network issues along with a heavy R&D
focus on performance.

Employment Type: Full¬time, exempt

This position is part of a team of rotating 24/7 on¬call system
administrators.

Benefits: Employer¬subsidized health insurance, vision & dental insurance,
401k with company matching, short & long term disability, life insurance,
paid time off (all after 90 days).

Responsibilities:
• Design and configure system architecture for optimal performance
• Fine¬tune existing systems and processes for maximum efficiency
• Diagnose and fix complex systems and server¬wide performance issues
• Create preconfigured optimized software stacks for customers (LAMP,LEMP,
Varnish etc.)
• Work to optimize application performance (WordPress, Drupal, Magento,
etc.)
• Research and development of new technologies
• Write both internal and external documentation for created products

Qualifications:
Must have:
• 5-7+ years of Linux System Administration experience, CentOS/Ubuntu
preferred
• Advanced experience with scripting (such as Perl, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python)
• Advanced experience performance troubleshooting
• Extensive experience with Varnish, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Redis,
Memcached, etc.
• Experience with Load Balancing and Clustering solutions
• Familiar with Apache JMeter and Bench for performance testing
• Advanced experience with Nagios monitoring
• Familiarity with configuration management systems such as
Puppet/Chef/cfEngine
• Ability to work on your own or in a team
Nice to have:
• Experience with cPanel/WHM
• Experience with CloudStack
• Demonstrable experience with network management using Cisco products
• Experience with LDAP and Kerberos

US applicants only at this time.

With Regards,
Ron D