[Jobposts] Job posting

Amy Rout arout at vidyo.com
Fri Aug 28 20:25:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

Can you please post this job?

About Us
At Vidyo we are changing the way people communicate around the world! Our technology enables customer engagement in Healthcare, Banking, Government, and Retail - companies<http://www.vidyo.com/customers/> like Google, AirBnB, Mozilla, Etsy & Philips use our solutions every day! Vidyo is consistently being recognized by the industry and has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the "Leaders" quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Group Video Systems<http://www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/newsletters/vidyo/1-2JJRTRI/gartner.html>.
Our groundbreaking technology<http://www.vidyo.com/solutions/> is what wakes us up each morning. Every day we face challenging problems and work with our global team to solve them.  Around the globe, from Silicon Valley to the NYC area, to multiple offices in Europe and APAC, Vidyo has one of the most innovative<http://info.vidyo.com/2015-Gartner-IT-Magic-Quadrant-Microsite.html> and energetic teams in tech. We offer the heart and soul of an ingenious start-up with the stability and comprehensive benefits of an industry changing<http://www.vidyo.com/company/news-and-events/press-releases/vidyo-named-to-wall-street-journals-top-50-next-big-thing-list-for-third-year-in-a-row/> leader.
If you like being part of a collaborative, forward thinking team where you can work with a product that is changing people’s lives, please submit your resume to careers at vidyo.com<mailto:careers at vidyo.com>.  Don’t see something that is a fit?  Please email us anyway!  We are always looking for passionate and energetic people!

Role:                     Senior Software Engineer (Linux)
Location:             Hackensack, NJ

What you’ll do:

●        Join the engineering team that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. We may offer relocation packages if you do not currently live nearby.

●        Design and develop the next generation of immersive video collaboration apps for Vidyo.

●        Lead the Linux application development for the client team using some of the most cutting edge technologies available to date.

Who you are:

●        You have a Master’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.

●        You have at least 7 years of professional experience developing UI applications in C/C++ for Linux and/or UNIX operating systems.

●        You are strong in Data structures and Algorithms. You can talk for hours about the differences between tries and b-trees and why one is better than the other.

●        You are passionate about technology and possess an innate understanding of the principles that underpin good software design and employ these principles through the design process.

●        You have demonstrable experience writing efficient code (memory, CPU and bandwidth).

●        You have strong experience with Linux multimedia frameworks (PulseAudio, V4L2 and XWindows).

●        You have a deep understanding of Linux device driver development specifically for Audio Capture/Playback, Video Capture and Rendering.

●        You have a good knowledge about interactions among UI layer to middleware and to kernel level.

●        You know the compiler toolchains by heart (gcc, llvm, make, autoconf, configure).

●        You know all the tricks about gdb and lldb and how to debug crashes from a core file.

●        You have dabbled on various Linux distributions (Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, Redhat, CentOS, Scientific Linux etc).

Please forward your resume to careers at vidyo.com<mailto:careers at vidyo.com>.  Reference Linux in subject line.

[Vidyo Logo Small]

Amy Rout, PHR
HR Generalist | O: 201-820-0307 | M: 724-422-7837
E: arout at vidyo.com<mailto:arout at vidyo.com> | www.vidyo.com<http://www.vidyo.com>
[FB]<https://www.facebook.com/vidyoinc?ref=nf>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/vidyo>[You Tube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/VidyoInc> [LI] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/vidyo>