[Jobposts] Apprentice UNIX System Administrator (Electric Embers)

Brent Emerson brent at electricembers.coop
Tue Jan 14 20:11:57 UTC 2014

Electric Embers is a small Internet hosting provider for nonprofits,
cooperatives, artists, and others contributing to the common good.  We
seek an Apprentice UNIX System Administrator to join our team and
contribute to our work administering open source technology and helping
some of our favorite people use it.

Qualifications: Basic technical background; interest in helping others;
interest in worker-ownership

Responsibilities: 50% FreeBSD server administration (with 1-2 years of
on-the-job training); 35% customer support; 15% cooperative governance &
department comanagement

This is a long-term permanent position, 3 days per week, based in the San
Francisco Bay Area, with a path to worker-ownership in the company.

For more information, visit http://electricembers.coop/about-us/jobs/

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change