[Jobposts] Software Developers

Lahti, Melanie Melanie.Lahti at DEShawResearch.com
Fri Feb 28 09:04:18 UTC 2014

Company: D. E. Shaw Research
Location: New York City, New York
Job posted by: Melanie Lahti

Job Description:

D. E. Shaw Research seeks gifted software developers to join our New York-based team.  Roles are available for applicants of all backgrounds and levels of experience.

We value creativity and innovation, and we look for intellectually curious and versatile individuals with backgrounds in the computational sciences to join our software team.  If you seek out hard problems, enjoy programming in C/C++ and Python, and have strong communication skills, then we want to hear from you.  Our aim is to recruit remarkable people who have the potential to make significant long-term contributions to our efforts.

As a member of our highly interdisciplinary team, you will contribute to an ambitious, long-term project aimed at fundamentally transforming the process of drug discovery.  Our group is developing multiple generations of the Anton supercomputer, a fully custom, massively parallel machine which executes molecular dynamics simulations orders of magnitude faster than was previously possible.  The software we build is used to carry out research in structural biology and biochemistry and could push the bounds of what is possible with the aid of special-purpose computational tools.

If you were to join our software team, you might contribute to compiler or software development for Anton, large-scale data management and analysis tools, visualization software, simulation software for commodity clusters and GPUs, or any of a range of other projects integral to achieving the scientific results and advances in human health we seek.

We pride ourselves on the caliber of our team, and we offer above-market compensation.  To apply for a position, please follow the link below.

http://www.deshawresearch.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/LinuxChixN/CS

D. E. Shaw Research is committed to building a diverse team.  We offer an intellectually rigorous and stimulating work environment that is also supportive, flexible, and welcoming.  We do not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.