[Jobposts] The Wikimedia Foundation | Dev-Ops Engineer

Emily Blanchard eblanchard at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 19 18:16:02 UTC 2013

*Dev-Ops Engineer | Wikimedia Foundation*

*Location: San Francisco or Remote*

*Contact: Emily Blanchard Tech Talent Acquisition | Wikimedia*

The Wikimedia Engineering team is looking for a skilled Infrastructure and
Operations Engineer that would love to keep our global top 5 web site fast
and highly available. We employ open source solutions exclusively for
solving complex problems autonomously. As part of the operations team you
will work with other engineering teams as well as our volunteer community.
As an Operations Engineer you will be designing, developing, implementing
and improving the Wikimedia technical infrastructure. This team is the
backbone of all of our projects essential to maintaining the security,
scalability and availability of our web properties.

*Required Skills:*

   - 5 years of professional experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability role
   - Experience with systems programming and development in scripting
   languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl
   - Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (e.g.
   puppet, chef, cfengine)
   - Experience with large web site application architectures, including
   caching layers (memcached, Varnish, Squid, HTTP caching) and storage
   scaling concepts
   - Experience with internal infrastructure systems and concepts, e.g.
   DNS, NTP, LDAP
   - Experience using monitoring tools (ganglia, nagios, etc.)
   - Able to work independently where needed, and can work effectively as
   part of a globally distributed team
   - Bachelors (or equivalent Education) or equivalent work experience

**

We welcome you to apply to find our more about this and other exciting
opportunities: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=ocLCWfwf&s=LinuxChix

Most positions are both remote and/or San Francisco, CA based.

Emily Blanchard
Talent Acquisition Team
Wikimedia Foundation
eblanchard at wikimedia. <eblanchard at gmail.com>org