[Jobposts] Senior DevOps Engineer

Darius Minaee Darius.Minaee at demandmedia.com
Tue Jul 10 17:42:12 UTC 2012

Company: Demand Media
Location: Santa Monica, CA. USA
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer

Overview:

LinuxChix! We are seeking a talented Senior DevOps engineer for our engineering DevOps team. We're looking for brilliant, smart and FUN engineers who want to design, implement and scale our DevOps technologies, approach, and platform to support our HA systems. Qualified candidates will bring the latest software development, automation and deployment practices.  You will develop systems to accelerate our deployments for a variety of serving, data and system SLAs.

Demand Media is recognized as a top 20 global publisher owning such sites as eHow, Livestrong and Cracked. With over 600 employees, our headquarters are located in Santa Monica (OCEAN VIEWS :) We offer a competitive salary, bonuses, RSU's, Visa Sponsorship, lots of perks (MacBooks, catered lunches, unlimited snacks / drinks) and impromptu nerf dart wars!

Responsibilities:
*             Work closely with development engineers to support the packaging, deployment, monitoring and system reliability scripting that turns software into a complete deployed product.
*             Work with development engineers to lead the design and implementation of the deployment platform.
*             Bring the latest tools and techniques to achieve optimal results.
*             Work closely with the development teams to define the tools, processes and implementation to support fast iteration software development.
*             Work with your DevOps counterparts to bring all our systems into a unified platform and process.

Key Skills and Experiences:
*             Experience with large scale software development processes and HA deployments.
*             Experience with team based collaborative development processes and driving the team to successful implementation.
*             Experience supporting revenue generating production platforms.
*             Passion to develop the latest techniques and ideas in this fast growing position.
*             Passion to improve software, automation, HA deployments and a willingness to work with others to disseminate your work.
*             Experience with Puppet, Chef or similar automation systems.
*             Experience with one of Python, Ruby, Java, Hadoop, C++, C, Linux in a production environment.
*             BS or equivalent in one of: CS, EE, Math or Physics required.  Advanced MS or PhD is great!

Additional Info:
International Applicants: We will transfer work visas if you have at least 18months remaining before it expires.
Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package? Yes
Can we telecommute? 1-2 days a week
Contact: Darius Minaee, Sr. Recruiter.  darius.minaee at demandmedia.com

Darius Minaee
Senior Technical Recruiter

Demand Media
www.demandmedia.com<http://www.demandmedia.com/>
1333 2nd Street Suite 100
Santa Monica, CA  90401

email darius.minaee at demandmedia.com<mailto:darius.minaee at demandmedia.com>
phone  310-656-6326
mobile 415-706-7690
fax        310-564-7726

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.