[Jobposts] Job Posting - C++/ Linux Developer

Kristin McKinney kristin.recruiter.mckinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:54:55 UTC 2012

I am a recruiting consultant for a growing software/ technology company in
Portland, Oregon called Eleven Wireless. They are a leader in enabling
centralized management solutions for guests' online experience, including
internet access, business centers, and various online hotel services
through an open software platform.

We are growing and looking for 2-3 software engineers with a focus on C++/
Linux.  The location is Portland, Oregon. No relocation is offered, but
willing to consider candidates who reside out of the Portland area, if
prepared to relocate independently of Eleven Wireless.

Interested candidates should reach out to me directly:

Kristin McKinney
Senior Recruiting Consultant, Eleven Wireless
503-799-8184
kristin.recruiter.mckinney at gmail.com

Position Description Below:

*Job Title:  *Linux/C++ Software Engineer

*Department: *Product Development           **

*Reports to: *VP of Product Development**

* *

Eleven (*http://www.elevenwireless.com*) headquartered in Portland, Oregon
is a highly successful, middle-stage growth company that provides software
and professional services to customers in the hospitality industry. We are
the market leader in this hospitality broadband market and are seeking a
great talent to continue to fuel our growth. Eleven is a company building a
world-class team by recruiting top quality people who are highly motivated
software professionals.

Eleven is recognized globally as a leader in our category and is
recommended by premiere hotel groups such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts,
Kimpton Hotels, and Hilton Hotels to name a few.

Eleven is looking for people who are passionate about the software industry
and want to work with the best and brightest. We value teamwork, the
ability to meet commitments, strong communication skills and a successful
track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while
enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and
success of a vibrant software business. Solid compensation and benefits
with an exceptional opportunity to grow.

* *

*Position Summary:*

You will join the Software Development group as a go-to C++ resource. You
will be responsible for creating new features for our Business Center
product as well as maintaining and debugging the existing code.

* *

Our Business Center product is mission critical to our business and as such
this is a highly visible and absolutely critical position in our company.
We are looking for a special breed of engineer capable of embracing the
importance of his or her responsibility. In addition, you must have
excellent people skills and patience for non-technical people.

As a member of our Product Development Team, you will participate in daily
project and department stand-ups.  You will learn our Test-driven
Development Methodology. You also will act as backup to your colleagues in
the department.  This will require you to gain a useful working knowledge
of all Eleven’s products and services.

*Core Job Responsibilities:*

* *

·      *Design *

-       Design our next-generation Business Center solution

·      *Build*

-       Develop code in C++ for our Qt cross platform solution

·      *Test*

-       Create and maintain rigorous documentation

-       Write unit tests for all code

-       Run regression tests in our testing infrastructure

·      *Deploy*

-       Safely rollout new code to remote systems during maintenance windows

-       Occasional maintenance windows will be performed late at night

·      *Sustain*

-       Repair broken and buggy software

-       Do sustaining engineering on the Business Center product line

-       Add new features and capability to the platform

-       Write automated reports upon request

* *

*Location: *

Position is based in at our headquarters in beautiful Portland, Oregon

*Within the first 90 days you will be expected to:*

   - Familiarize yourself with Eleven’s products, business models and
   customers.
   - Assemble and verify the correctness of your personal development
   toolkit
   - Learn and prove your competency using our TDD development methodology
   - Help the team complete the port of the iMac Business Center to Lion.
   - Contribute positively to Eleven’s company culture

*Essential Skills and Experience:*

   - B.S. in computer science or equivalent
   - 2+ years software development experience with Linux/C++/Qt development

·      1+ year of SQL Database experience

·      Internet technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, CSS, XML, JavaScript)

·      Ability to rapid prototype user experience mock ups

·      A practitioner of Test Driven Development methodology

·      Good communication skills

*Essential Competencies: *

·      Eleven’s fast paced work environment requires that you be flexible,
adaptable and calm under pressure.

·      Eleven’s technical platforms are diverse and complex. You must be
highly intelligent and with exceptional analytical skills in order to
navigate and understand the landscape.

·      Eleven is a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit; as
such you must do your job efficiently, but with enthusiasm, and be able to
work independently to get things done. To succeed you must work hard, take
proactive measures and be persistent in striving for your desired outcomes.

·      A majority of our customers are 5-star, luxury hotels. We hold our
employees to the same high standards that they expect of themselves and
their vendors.  We expect you to perform you job with integrity and
attention to detail, always following-through with what you commit to and
being proud of the work you do.