[Jobposts] Linux Kernel Developers needed

ext-michal.siwocha at nokia.com ext-michal.siwocha at nokia.com
Fri Oct 14 14:13:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

We're currently looking for Linux Kernel Developers to work on our new project in Ulm, Germany.

Have a look on the job description please and get in touch if this sound like something you'd like to do. Thanks

Michal Siwocha
ext-michal.siwocha at nokia.com<mailto:ext-michal.siwocha at nokia.com>

(Senior) Software Engineer, Baselayer Linux

Come to the place where genius is born........
Nokia are based in Ulm, Germany, the birthplace of Albert Einstein. Just like Albert, we are pushing forward the boundaries of our field.

The environment in which we do business is evolving continuously. To succeed, we must have the passion and courage to look for new ideas beyond existing products, services and ways of working. Only with truly innovative ideas will we be able to define the future development of our industry and profoundly shape the way in which people understand and use our products and services in their everyday lives.

We want to invite you to work with us together on the next-generation service platform and on innovative solutions for mobile phones.

We chose Ulm because of its rich history, vibrant present and exciting future. Ulm is situated between Munich and Stuttgart on the banks of the River Danube. The most talented individuals in the world want to join us here at Nokia in Ulm, isn't it time that you joined us too!

Our Offering
*         To join our fast growing team.
*         To work with evolving and challenging technologies.
*         To work together with the most talented individuals in the world in diverse international teams.
*         To invent next-generation mobile services for users across the globe.
*         Excellent progression opportunities with competitive salaries and help with relocation.

Job description
For the Baselayer Software team within the Software organization at our Product Creation Center in Ulm we are looking for experienced Software engineers. Your main responsibility will be the development, implementation, adaptation, integration and testing of Core Software components. Your tasks will also include the analysis of errors, error tracking, integration of error corrections and error verification.

Qualifications
The ideal candidates for these positions should have
*         Expert in Embedded Linux Development.
*         In depth programming skills e.g. C/C++.
*         Practical experience in Software engineering.
*         Experience in open source Software development and Linux.
*         Knowledge in Linux and Hardware driver for Linux e.g. for Audio (PulseAudio, GStreamer)
*         A related Degree is advantageous.

Desirable Technical Skills:
*         Strong knowledge of Embedded Software development.
*         Experience in Connectivity (WLAN, BT, USB) would be advantageous.
*         RF driver knowledge (depending on Modem responsibility)
*         Practical experience in large Software projects including Software version management and defect handling systems.

Soft Skills
*         Passionate about new technologies.
*         Should work persistently, responsibly and in a very independent way
*         Have fluent English skills (written and verbal)
*         Have strong communications skills
*         Enjoy working in a team
*         Flexible and open to learn
*         Work well in dynamic and changing environment

Regards
Michal Siwocha

Lise-Meitner-Str. 10
89081 Ulm