[Jobposts] Telephony Software Engineer- #579765 (1 Opening) Hillsboro, OR.
Kemp, RobertX S
robertx.s.kemp at intel.com
Mon May 31 22:32:10 UTC 2010
Grade Level: 7
The Open Source Technology Center (OTC) organization within the Software and Solutions Group is looking for a telephony software engineer with a background of middleware and kernel development using the Linux Operating system targeting Smart Phones based on the Intel processor. In this position, you will be working with a team to contribute development for the open source telephony project ofono.org to run on the MeeGo.com open source environment. This will include working with the Open Source community to ensure acceptance of your software components into the oFono project. The right candidate will working with several 3G specifications to implement what is necessary for the project
You must possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with more than 3 years experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong background in Linux system design and/or development
- 2+ years experience developing Telephony (Voice, Data and Multi media) applications and middleware.
- Good knowledge and experience in telephony stack development, e.g. call processing, telephony server (SMS/MMS, OTA, Data), etc.
- Must demonstrate experience in coding, integrating, and debugging GSM, GPRS, EDGE, W-CDMA, HSPA communication features.
- Linux scripting skills and ability to program in C or C++ in an embedded and constrained handset environment is a must.
- Good knowledge of tools and languages (AT) to handle data from cellular modems.
- Working knowledge of software configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of emulator, debugging, and simulation tools is a plus.
- Good coding and documentation practices.
- Familiarity with ITU or 3GPP standards.
- Working knowledge of CDMA/1xRTT/EVDO protocols is a plus.
- Start-to-finish mobile handset software development cycle experience strongly preferred, inclusive of industry certifications, OEM, and carrier network testing.
Q: Which country are you in?
A: Hillsboro, Oregon USA
Q: Will you take international applicants?
A: Yes, we could be open to international applicants
Q: Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country?
A: Not necessarily.
Q: Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package?
A: Possibly. Would prefer local candidates.
Q: Can we telecommute?
A: Not at this time.
Go to http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index_js.htm?Location=200000090 click "show search", type in the job number listed in this job description listed above then, click on search for jobs.
Feel free to call or send me an email if you have any questions. Thanks, in advance.
Direct Line: (503) 456-1879
Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com<mailto:Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com>
More information about the Jobposts