[Jobposts] Fwd: Job Opening, can work remotely or in India(hyderabad)

Anil Kumar anilp at netrovert.net
Sat Sep 5 06:01:54 UTC 2009

Please find below the requirement details.

We are looking for senior level people, who can show some extraordinary
skills and bring new perspectives to our vision.

If you are a highly self-motivated individual and innovator with an
overachieving personality with the skills below, you are the person we are
looking for.

Position:   Solaris/Linux Kernel Developer
Location: Hyderabad/Remote

Experience: Senior level

Skills:
Storage, Data protection, Device Drivers, File systems, I/O subsystems

Responsibilities:
-  Perform design and development of core software for disk based backup
products focusing on mirroring, deduplication, space management,
replication, VTL, SAN, NAS, HA, file systems and associated policies.
-  Responsible for writing functional and design specifications, developing
new features, porting products to other Unix platforms, enhancing existing
ones and maintenance

Qualifications:
- Expert-level programming skills in C/C++ with design/architecture skills
- Thorough understanding of Solaris/Linux Kernel Architecture, Solaris/Linux
Operating System Architecture and run-time environment
- hands on systems programming in any Unix platform: Linux , Solaris, AIX,
HP-UX and VMWare is required.
-  The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in C/C++, kernel
and driver code development, and a strong knowledge of operating system
architecture.
-  Hands on experience in any of the following areas: file systems, device
drivers, FC/SCSI/iSCSI protocols and I/O subsystems is required.
-  Proven ability in understanding of system architecture, including
networking and storage
-  The successful Software Engineer must demonstrate good problem solving
and analytical skills.

Desired Qualifications
* Preferably from product development background
* Deep understanding of Solaris/Linux Kernel's Virtual memory, Storage/File
and I/O subsystems

If available and willing to discuss this opportunity please call me at Anil
Kumar 9652859281 or mail me at anilp at netrovert.net

Regards,
Anil P.