[Jobposts] IT Linux Client Engineer (Salesforce.com)
ethomas at contractor.salesforce.com
Fri Nov 6 22:28:46 UTC 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact: Eric B. Thomas
To Apply: http://www.salesforce.com/company/careers/locations/a0800000000Ab4aAAC/a017000000HKUwK.jsp
No international candidates
Need work authorization to work in the US
IT Linux Client Engineer
The Linux Client Engineer will report to the IT Client Engineering Manager. This is a technical hands-on position focused on delivering advanced IT enterprise cross platform client delivery capabilities. The primary focus will be on the Linux platform (Ubuntu) and include the following areas:
* Threat management
* Client platform H/W, OS, & S/W standards (Primary: Linux. Secondary: Mac, Windows)
* Software distribution, packaging & scripting.
* OS Imaging
* Configuration management
* Lifecycle management
* Build & Release management
* Client Performance
* Thin clients
* Technology integration
* Wireless technology & mobile computing
* Active Directory Group Policy Object, "GPO," administration.
* Executive, Development, Engineering and QA department client solutions
* Linux policy Management
The Linux Client Engineer will contribute to the overall success of the IT Operations organization by driving greater control into the client platform and by streamlining administrative tasks performed by others. He/she will interface daily with other IT technical staff, will be working on assignments, and delivering services related his/her area of responsibility. Occasionally, this position will be involved in resolving issues that occur outside of normal business hours and, therefore, will be required to carry a mobile phone. The Linux Client Engineer must be receptive to management coaching to increase his/her individual and team's effectiveness.
* Participate in technology evaluations, related projects, and make recommendations
* Help resolve complex IT issues
* Maintain client patch levels proactively
* Demonstrate enterprise compliance to standards with objectively using metrics
* Respond to client threats and remediate threats as required
* Deliver software and configuration changes to thousands of clients with minimal disruption and the best user experience for the situation
* Create and maintain Linux OS images
* Package software for general deployment via Everdream, BigFix, login scripts, GPO, or other preferred means
* Writes installation scripts and programs for installation of products.
* Develop hardened client configuration standards and minimize the risks of deploying vulnerabilities
* Configure systems and tools to automate manual tasks.
* Make use of command scripting and scheduling to reduce errors
* Ensure enterprise changes are tracked and controlled
* Document standards, best practices, and policies for Windows/Linux/Mac client platforms
* Field tier 1, 2 & 3 support requests.
* Synthesize requirements from other groups including: Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, IT NOC, Desktop Support, GSD, Information Security, Data Warehouse, Application Support, Tech Operations, and other functional areas when necessary.
* Work independently and tirelessly to achieve IT goals
* Develops, analyzes and maintains tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
* Works with others to complete analysis, evaluations and design alternatives and to implement process improvements
* Requires a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years combined experience within technical support, network administration, engineering, or security administration.
* He/She must have effective oral and written communications skills and the ability to work successfully with others.
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills, ability to provide alternatives, root cause analysis, testing skills, and ability to make thoughtful proposals are also among the skills required.
* Must have practical experience with networking, systems management, systems design, troubleshooting, software packaging, software distribution, change management, and root cause analysis.
* Must be current with Wintel/Mac/Linux platform hardware and software trends; wireless technology; remote management, enterprise client configuration management, software packaging/distribution, encryption, scripting, and threat (spam/spoof/adware/spyware/malware) remediation.
Eric B. Thomas
The Landmark @ One Market St.
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Landmark+@+One+Market+St.%2CSan+Francisco%2CCA+94105&hl=en>San Francisco, CA 94105
Email: ethomas at salesforce.com<mailto:ethomas at salesforce.com>
See who we know in common<http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/749974/>
Want a signature like this?<http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/749974/>
More information about the Jobposts