[Jobposts] Senior Linux Developer - Uplogix, Inc.
mmcclain at uplogix.com
Mon Feb 9 18:08:04 UTC 2009
Senior Linux Developer - Uplogix, Inc.
As a Senior Linux Developer at Uplogix, you will work alongside both
the hardware team and the application developers. You will be critical
for new hardware bring-up. You will write and maintain key Linux
drivers and microcontroller code.
* Ensure successful integration of new hardware platform
* Lead the integration of existing hardware and software platforms
* Enhance product performance and reliability
* 5+ years experience building and maintaining low-level Linux kernel
* Very strong C programming skills
* Familiarity with user/kernel debug tools and strategies under Linux
* Knowledge of standard PC architecture (processors, chipsets and their
* Familiarity with Ethernet, USB, I2C/SMBUS, and serial port technologies
* Experience programming embedded microcontrollers
* Candidate should possess ability to learn and adapt quickly with
little direction or oversight
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Familiarity with Fedora, Anaconda, and RPM
* Familiarity with Linux modem software (PPP and mgetty)
* Previous employment in a fast paced environment
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US as permanent
residents. We are not offering relocation or sponsorship.
Uplogix provides the first fully-integrated remote management
solution. Our co-located management appliances automate routine
administration, maintenance and recovery tasks—securely and regardless
of network availability. In comparison, traditional network and
systems management depends on the network, uses multiple tools, and
remains labor intensive. Uplogix puts the power of your most trusted
IT administrator everywhere, all the time.
Uplogix is privately held and headquartered in Austin, Texas with
European offices in London. For more information, please visit
Email cover letter and resume to devjobs at uplogix.com or fax to 512.857.7002
More information about the Jobposts