[Jobposts] Manager, Software Engineering position

Gabig, Jennifer jgabig at panasas.com
Mon Sep 22 17:51:35 UTC 2008

Hello - Could you please post the below job opening for us?   thanks

Panasas

Opening:  Manager, Software Engineering

Location:  Fremont, CA

Job Description:

Build, retain and manage a team of top-notch system software engineers
working on the Panasas ActiveScale Storage Cluster. The team will focus
on development and maintenance of Storage cluster operating system, NFS,
CIFS, networking stack, and platform software. The candidate must help
build a highly motivated, innovative, technically savvy and friendly
team. The individual must have a track record of delivering high-quality
products and be able to work as part of the management team on product
strategy and roadmap for future development. Help with developing better
processes for all stages of product development. Also be able take on
some program management responsibilities. Product development will
include UNIX-like kernel, file system, I/O, networking, storage systems,
device drivers, performance, and test technologies.

Experience / Qualifications Preferred:

*	2+ years system software development management experience
*	MS Computer Science (or equivalent)
*	Proven leadership in developing complex systems software
development projects in operating systems, networking or storage systems

*	Experience in one or more of the following fields: file system
development, kernel software development, storage systems, networking
software, program management.
*	Experience managing remote employees

Minimum Requirements:

*	5+ years industry (system software) experience
*	BS Computer Science (or equivalent)
*	Strong UNIX and 'C' language background required
*	Excellent people skills
*	Proven ability to consistently deliver products on time with
high quality
*	Must be a very aggressive recruiter and an excellent team
builder; must be able to partner closely with internal recruiters
*	Be flexible and work closely with geographically dispersed
organizations
*	Ability to come up to speed quickly with new technology and
innovate in applying that technology to our product is a must
*	Strong verbal and written communication skills required

We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with pre IPO
stock. Equal Opportunity Employer. Non disclosure must be signed before
the interview.

<http://www.panasas.com/>

<mailto:jgabig at panasas.com>

Jennifer Gabig