[Jobposts] Senior Software Engineer - Linux Kernel - Open Souce Contributor

Dan Fick dfick at lightfleet.com
Fri Nov 16 17:53:18 UTC 2007

Lightfleet Corporation

Senior Software Engineer - Linux Kernel

We are looking for an experienced kernel engineer to lead our contributions
to the open-source community and champion high-quality development in a
collaborative environment. This could also be a staff-level or testing
position depending on your experience and interests.

The successful candidate will have an unequalled opportunity to make an
impact on product decisions and even direction.

Lightfleet Corporation has invented the world's first free-space broadcast
optical interconnect. This patented technology is unique in that it uses
broadcast light to simultaneously and continuously interconnect multiple
nodes so that all nodes can see all of the data all of the time.

Simply put, Lightfleet has created a new way for computers to communicate
using light instead of wires. Our first product is 1/3 the size and uses 1/3
the electricity while also being significantly faster than any comparable
products.

"We make light work."

Responsibilities:

. Lead our contribution efforts to the Linux kernel
. Lead internal design and code reviews
. Developing, releasing, and supporting new hardware drivers for the Linux
kernel
. Working community projects to ensure that patches and fixes that enable
the Lightfleet technology are accepted into the mainstream
. Maintaining existing open-source positions or relationships

Minimum qualifications:

. Track record of high-quality contributions to the Linux kernel
. Motivated, self-starter
. BS or equivalent experience
. 5 years of experience, 3 years in Linux kernel development

Desired qualifications - at least one of:

. Start-up experience
. Paper presentations at relevant symposia, especially OLS
. Low-level hardware device programming, firmware and bring-up
. Experience in the Linux network stack, Infiniband, RDMA, or iWarp
. Experience deploying code to customers via RPMs and Yast or Yum

For More Information:

Please visit our website at www.lightfleet.com <http://www.lightfleet.com/>

To Apply:

If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please
submit your resume to careers at lightfleet.com.

Lightfleet Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.

Additional Information Requested by linuxchix.org:

Position Title: Senior Software Engineer - Linux Kernel

Name of Company: Lightfleet Corporation

Location of Company: Camas, WA - a suburb of Portland, OR

Name of recruiting company searching for this position: N/A - This is a
direct hire position and I am an employee of Lightfleet Corporation.

Name of person posting the ad: My name is Dan Fick and I am the Technical
Recruiter for Lightfleet.

The requirements applicants must address in their application: Not
applicable, please send your resume to careers at lightfleet.com

What country is Lightfleet located in? - The United States of America

Will you take international applicants? - Yes, although we unfortunately
require that you can prove your eligibility to work in the United States.

Are pre-existing work visas required? - Yes, unfortunately that is the case
at this time.

Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package? - Yes.

Is telecommuting allowed? - Yes, but only 3-4 days per week.