[Jobposts] Sr. Linux Developer - Portland, Oregon
Mark at edgelink.com
Fri Mar 9 00:53:42 UTC 2007
This position is located in Portland, Oregon. Local candidates are
preferred. No sponsorship is available at this time.
Sr. Software Engineer with Internet Application Focus
EdgeLink is looking for a highly skilled Sr. Software Engineer with
experience in C Programming and PERL scripting. Must have Linux and
Solaris programming experience and an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
communications. The successful candidate must have solid experience in
the design and development of distributed applications on the Linux
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Design and develop software using C on distributed Linux and
* Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in
defining product architecture.
* Significantly influence the design of interfaces between
components to ensure interoperability.
* Resolve design issues.
* Design and develop new software product features.
* Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
* Champion new, improved design methodologies.
* Define and incorporate Reliability, Availability and
Serviceability (RAS) goals for solutions.
* Work closely with QA engineers to design for testability and
investigate and help resolve defects.
* Work closely with other team members to help define and review
product requirements and design documents.
* Provide accurate and timely documentation including Internal
Design Specifications and Functional Test Plans.
Minimum Required Position Qualifications
* 5 or more years of software engineering experience
* Knowledge of Internet communication protocols and mark-up
languages (HTTP, HTML, XML) a plus
* Knowledge of web site design a plus
* Comprehensive understanding of software engineering
* Experience with products going through multiple release
cycles, including pre-release, alpha, beta, and maintenance mode
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education
* Excellent analytic and design skills.
* Highly self-motivated, and willing to take responsibility for
* Must be a team player with high service and product quality
standards and expectations.
* Must be comfortable discussing adult-oriented topics in a team
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Be able to quickly and precisely articulate information.
For more information, please contact:
mark at edgelink.com <mailto:mark at edgelink.com>
More information about the Jobposts