[Jobposts] Ocarina Networks: High Availability Engineer (San Jose, CA)
nnorton at OcarinaNetworks.com
Mon Jun 4 18:03:24 UTC 2007
Ocarina is a dynamic new startup committed to solving the single biggest IT pain-point of today: out of control data storage growth. Building robust and high-performance storage and network subsystems, designing innovative data representation algorithms, and creating industry-leading customer experiences is what keeps this team of of talented and highly driven individuals busy. The company recently received funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Highland Capital Partners, and is tooled up to pioneer the emerging file area network. Join our team and contribute to this industry-changing effort!
High Availability Engineer
Ocarina is seeking a self-driven individual to design and implement high availability features for its line of storage optimization appliances.
* Design and Implement HA schemes for hardware, software, and network layer redundancy.
* Design and Implement appropriate configuration interfaces for HA setup.
* Author HA best-practice guides.
* Work with Testing Team to create appropriate test infrastructure to guarantee ongoing product quality.
* Minimum 5 years of experience designing high availability schemes for storage appliances, IP telephony systems, network switches or other hardware/software integrated products.
* Strong knowledge of various failure conditions and appropriate failover/giveback schemes.
* Strong knowledge of network layer failover schemes, both active/active and active/passive.
* Knowledge of cluster filesystem architectures a plus.
* Extremely strong kernel-level programming skills.
* BS in CS, EE or related field. MS preferred.
Travel required: none
To apply for this position, email resume to susan at ocarinanetworks.com<mailto:susan at ocarinanetworks.com>. Ocarina Networks is an equal opportunity employer and values your individuality.
More information about the Jobposts