[Jobposts] Rackspace Managed Hosting: Job Opportunity

Beth Goode beth.goode at rackspace.com
Mon Jul 30 18:28:21 UTC 2007

Rackspace is a highly awarded and respected managed web hosting company.
We earned our place by approaching what we do from our customer's
point-of-view. We do more than just expertly support the technologies we
provide (the servers, the devices, the data centers and the network); we
also expertly support our customers. We call it Fanatical Support(tm).
It's a novel idea and it seems to work really well for all involved -
our customers, our company and our employees.

Home to more than 1,300 Rackers (known to the outside world as Rackspace
employees), we've nearly doubled in size during the past year - that's
how rapidly we're expanding. And the growth has happened without us
acquiring other companies or being acquired by another company. If
you're paying attention, this kind of growth means that we're hiring all
the time.

But just because we need to hire people, doesn't mean we'll let anyone
in the place. There are a few prerequisites. You have to be pretty darn
sharp. You need to like working hard. You should believe in Rackspace
and Fanatical Support and in yourself. And you better love what you do,
because we do.

Our Core Values are:

1.	FANATICAL SUPPORT(tm) in all we do
2.	RESULTS first: substance over flash
3.	Embrace CHANGE for excellence
4.	PASSION for our work
5.	Keep our PROMISES
6.	We treat each other like FRIENDS and FAMILY
7.
This position will be responsible for a combination of system
administration and development.  Personnel will be responsible for
managing and developing the systems necessary the manage the network
infrastructure.  Responsibilities include:
*	As the member of the systems engineering team, your primary role
will
be to help drive the design of our system architecture and actively
prepare for new technical implementations (hardware, platform, product
deployments).
*	Support day-to-day operations of network applications and
services to
include: TACACS+, SNMP, TFTP, Quagga, Syslog, Snort, etc.
*	Script the automation of regular tasks to help streamline
operations
and perform data collection.
*	Develop methods of collection and reporting network information
for
business decisions
*	Participate in the planning of future network services and
development
of applications/software to accomplish requirements
*	Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with peers.
*	Lead technical and non-technical discussions with both
technicians and
non-technical end users.
*	Lead technical projects, working with staff and vendors to
gather
requirements, scope technical efforts, determine solutions, set up
project tasks/plans, and then implement those solutions.

Job Requirements:
*	3-5 years experience in Advanced Linux System Administration,
Configuration, and Security skills.
*	Intermediate High-Level Programming language skills required.
(Bash,
Perl, Python, etc.)
*	Advanced systems troubleshooting skills required.
*	General Networking skills required. (Layer 2 & 3 switches,
TCP/IP,
SNMP, etc.)
*	Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to
communicate with all levels of the organization, including customers and
with all vendors and partners.
*	Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the
highest
technical levels of organizational decision-making.
*	Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding
deadlines.

Rackspace Managed Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Location: San Antonio, TX
Need authorization to work in the USA
Relocation is offered
No telecommunication

Are you interested? Check us out www.rackspacecareers.com
Please email resumes to sourcingteam at rackspace.com
Posting code 274 (please include this in your email)