[Jobposts] Junior Level PHP Programmer, Denver, CO, USA

Scott Everson scott at spherebuilder.com
Tue Jan 2 21:26:24 UTC 2007

Local candidates only please.

Well funded start-up company, SphereBuilder, LLC,  is in need of a full time
junior to medium level PHP developer to assist us in expanding our web-based
application. You must be:

    * a team player -- able to work intimately and communicate freely with
the other members of your team
    * ready and able to work in a fast paced environment
    * willing to perform a wide variety of tasks and hold a "Whatever it
takes" attitude
    * excited to learn new technologies and skills
    * in love with Open Source
    * very attentive to detail and capable of working autonomously

You know:

    * all about LAMP and why it is so cool
    * PHP4 and not afraid to learn more
    * how to speak in SQL, specifically MySQL
    * all about web related technologies, like graphic file formats,
cookies, browser interactions, etc.
    * how to code HTML by hand
    * familiar with CSS for positioning/layout and style

You might know (bonus points):

    * all about Subversion
    * that AJAX is not breakfast cereal
    * how to work with the 'Smarty' template engine
    * MySQL administration
    * all about SugarCRM
    * basic Linux administration (RHEL/Fedora/CentOS)
    * how to keep clean coding style
    * what the software development life cycle is

You are capable of:

    * communicating project requirements, risks, etc
    * working with the team to design and create solutions within project
constraints
    * providing reasonable time estimates to project managers
    * working at our downtown (16th and Champa) office location
    * working on multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced and
often deadline driven environment
    * managing your own tasks, priorities and deadlines

We are an application service provider offering web-based technology for the
real estate industry. Growing by leaps and bounds, we are looking for good,
talented, creative and happy people to join our team. Send your PDF or HTML
resume, cover letter and portfolio links to 'jobs at spherebuilder -dot-
com' and place 'PHP Developer' in the subject line. No recruiters or phone
calls please.

    * Location: Downtown Denver, CO, USA
    * Compensation: $35k to $40k per year based on experience
    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.