[Jobposts] Perl Developer for IP Telecommunications Company - Fonality in Culver City, CA

David Heslop dheslop at fonality.com
Wed Feb 28 00:51:44 UTC 2007

Hi LinuxChix Jobs List,

Fonality has a great team of Perl Developers and we're looking for a couple
more. Give me a call or send me an email to learn more.

Thanks,

David Heslop
Fonality
200 Corporate Pointe, Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA 90230
(310) 861-4372

-------------------------------

Come Work for a Leader in IP Telecommunications and the Open Source
Community!

Fonality is a young, well-funded IP Telephony company based in Los Angeles.
We provide an open source, IP-based PBX phone system designed to outperform
brand name enterprise-level PBX systems for a fraction of the price.
Customers have placed over 65M calls on our system and currently average
more than 2M calls a week. Fonality's award winning GUI brings the power of
Open Source to the rapidly growing IP Telephony market!

We are seeking a Perl Developer with experience creating both backend and
web applications to join our existing team of talented developers. Our
primary product consists of a high-level, intuitive, web-based interface to
the open-source PBX software Asterisk. We've also built various other
desktop applications and APIs that interface with our system and Asterisk.
You'll be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining new and
existing systems written in Perl within a Linux environment.

Fonality is a great place for Perl Developers for the following reasons:

 - Our Lead Engineer is one of the best Perl Developers in the world and
this is a great opportunity to work side by side with him. Check out
http://samy.pl to see some of his work.
 - The IP Telecommunications Industry is the next hot growth industry
 - New employees are eligible for stock options after one year of employment

 - We have a casual, fun, team-based work environment (no bureaucrats!).
Check out our Perl Golf contest: http://www.fonality.com/golf
 - We contribute back to the open source community through our trixbox
project: http://www.trixbox.org

Preferred skills and Experience:

3 - 5 years Perl development experience
3+ years in HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc.
3+ years Linux experience
2+ years MySQL experience

Fonality is rapidly growing and this position is a great opportunity to get
in on the ground floor. We offer health insurance (medical, vision, dental)
from day one and a very competitive benefits package. Relocation is
available for the right candidate.  Check us out at: www.fonality.com