[Jobposts] [JOB] US-CA-Los Angeles: Quality Assurance Engineer Roles at Tick etmaster

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Oct 17 22:33:33 UTC 2006

I would like to let LinuxChix members know of excellent job opportunities in
quality assurance here at Ticketmaster in West Hollywood, CA. As part of our
dedication to diversity in the workplace, I'm making a special effort to let
women's technology organizations know of these positions. We're a heavy
linux house and use open-source technologies as the backbone for our
development so I thought your group would be particularly appropriate.

Quality assurance is a critical function as part of our development life
cycle. For these roles, the main requirement is to have a very organized and
process-oriented approach to your work, a solid knowledge of web
technologies, some experience in coding/scripting is a plus, and since we do
everything on linux, linux is quite important. We can teach the right
candidate the process of writing test plans, the execution of test cases,
etc. What we can't teach is an unquenchable desire to problem-solve, a
geekiness to get "under the hood," and a methodical approach to work. Of
course if the candidate had some prior QA experience it would be a big plus
for her.

I realize that LinuxChix is an international organization so let me address
a few points.

1). These positions are based in the United States
2). Telecommuting will not be considered for these positions
3). Relocation is part of the package if we present you with
    an offer (out of state only)
4). We will consider H1-B transfers but will not sponsor new
    visas at this time
5). We will consider those requiring a TN work visa
6). Agency candidates will not be considered

Please see the job description below and feel free to contact me directly to
discuss this position in greater detail. Please note that this position will
focus on projects within our CRM and datawarehousing group. We do have
another role that is very similar but is working in our core QA group
supporting Ticketmaster.com. The latter position is more of a pure QA role
without the requirement of as much exposure to system administration.

Please note that I am a direct representative of Ticketmaster and do not
represent an outside agency.

Regards,

Todd

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Manager of Technical Recruiting
Ticketmaster
8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (310) 360-2436; Mobile: (310) 422-3347
tcc at ticketmaster.com