[Jobposts] MontaVista Linux Kernel opportunities

Chris Dangerfield cdangerfield at mvista.com
Thu Jul 13 19:49:17 UTC 2006

MontaVista Software is based in Santa Clara, California.
You can read more about us at www.mvista.com

We have needs for Linux Kernel developers to work as part of our Dedicated
Services team.

NOTE:  Person can reside in Santa Clara, Irving-Texas, Tempe-Arizona or East
Coast at residence

Job Duties Summary:
Provide CPE(defect resolution) for open source software solutions for the
embedded market, including MontaVista Linux and related products.   Focus
will be on our Mobile Linux Edition.

Responsibilities:

* Provide resolution to customer reported defects found within the
MontaVista Linux product
* Responsible to create patches or new versions of our software specifically
for the customer
* Work closely with the development engineering team and the Open Source
community to ensure timely resolution of such fixes within our existing
product code lines and within the open source trees
* Proactively contribute to continuous product and process improvements
* Track customer defects throughout resolution
* Create and provide updates to a knowledge base for customer self-solve
* Create and update support strategies, objectives and technology
requirements to ensure long term product supportability

Minimum Education/Experience Required:
* BS in CS/EE or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of technical
development experience in Linux and/or Unix
* Knowledge of Embedded Systems
* Knowledge of Mobile Linux technology
* Real-time software or operating system programming using C is required
* Familiarity with firmware development, programming and debugging in an
embedded real-time environment is highly desired
* Experience with different embedded architectures (x86, PowerPC, ARM,
xScale, MIPS, and so forth)
* Needs customer satisfaction emphasis
* Good communication, presentation and written skills
* May require traveling
* Remote work may be available

Please forward a resume for review if interested.

Thanks
-Chris

Chris Dangerfield
Staffing