[Jobposts] NetApp: Lead/Architect/Developer role in Sunnyvale, CA
Nikesh.Mistry at netapp.com
Thu Aug 17 22:29:14 UTC 2006
Location: 1) USA: Sunnyvale, CA & 2) Bangalore, India.
Will you take international applicants? Yes we are open. Excellent
International Relo package from US to India is offered for Bangalore
Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country? We are able to
sponsor visa within quota restrictions.
Can we telecommute? No. Must work out of Sunnyvale, CA or Bangalore,
Lead member of a software engineering team responsible for developing a
scalable archive solution for the secondary storage market. This
specific position is a system level software development position
working on Data Ontap
* Work as lead and a member of a team on projects involving
existing as well as new storage appliances.
* Participate in any/all phases of a product development cycle:
from product definition and design, through implementation, debugging,
testing and early customer support.
* Participate in technical communication with other parts of
Network Appliance including customer support and sales.
* Work collaboratively with other engineers, and be willing to
take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards
the goals of the team and the company.
* Works independently with customers on resolution of technical
* 6 - 8 years experience in the architecture, design and
development of file systems technology, data storage and operating
systems software, .
* 2-3 years experience leading a technical team.
* Must have very strong knowledge of Unix storage architecture.
* Must have in depth knowledge of File Systems.
* Must have strong background in operating system internals in
* Proficiency in C and excellent debugging skills are required.
* Very strong algorithms, data structures and multi threaded
programming expertise are required.
* Must have demonstrated working knowledge of major system
* Must also possess general knowledge of technical areas such as
* Must have full commitment to sound software engineering
practices and a passion for quality.
* Must have a proven record of meeting tight deadlines without
* Strong communication skills are essential, both written and
oral, targeted at a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
* Expected and assumed: independence, drive, motivation,
willingness to go above and beyond, flexibility, and cooperative spirit.
Minimum BS CS/CE or equivalent, with at least 8 years experience in the
architecture, design, and development of file system technology, data
storage and operating systems software.
Please respond with copy of resume.
467500000/cid:724055117 at 19072006-0FA5>
More information about the Jobposts