[Jobposts] Please post to job mailing list

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthorn at google.com
Wed Aug 25 16:43:20 EST 2004

Hello there,

I hate to be a big pain, but I am hoping that you would not mind sending
these out to your mail list in a separate message from the last job desc. I
sent, as these positions are all at Google international offices.  If this
will not be helpful to your list members, then please ignore this request.

---
Site Reliability Manager
This position is located in the EU Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.

We're looking for a highly technical, hands-on Senior Engineering or Senior
Operations Manager to lead a team of 12+ Google software engineers,
sysadmins, and network engineers in Site Reliability. Site Reliability teams
are directly responsible for Google's stellar uptime record, and act as the
guardians and custodians of Google's user-visible services. As group manager
in our Dublin office, you will be responsible for ensuring that Google users
can always reach and use all of the services under your team's care.

Qualities we are looking for:

Very high technical competence and strong academic record.
4+ years of relevant hands-on technical experience, and a record of
individual technical achievement.
5-15+ years of relevant experience managing software development and/or
operations teams.
Strong project management skills, especially in deploying live end-user
systems.
That rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility,
and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of
technically-astute teams across the company.
BA/BS in CS preferred; MS / Ph.D. a plus.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to jobs at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include Site Reliability Manager - EU Headquarters.

- Telecommuting is very limited.
- We will take international applicants and no pre-existing work visa will
be required.

---

Software Engineer - Zurich

We need world-class engineers to develop the next generation search engine.
Our engineering team is working on problems in a number of areas, including
cutting-edge information retrieval algorithms, scalability issues related to
dealing with huge amounts of data and a rapidly increasing user base, and a
variety of novel search features. If you have a need to bring order to a
chaotic web, contact us.

Requirements:

University Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field (Ph.D. a
plus).
Strong C/C++ programming skills.
Substantial knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments.
Extensive experience designing and programming large scale, distributed
systems, machine learning, information retrieval algorithms, network
programming, linux kernel and/or developing large software systems.
Several years of software development experience.
Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems.
Fluency in English.
For consideration please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume
to jobs-zurich+30 at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include Software Engineer - Zurich. Please include a list of all your
Computer Science coursework along with grades received for both
Undergraduate and Graduate courses.

- Telecommuting is very limited.
- We will take international applicants and no pre-existing work visa will
be required.

-----

Java Software Engineer - Zurich

We are hiring Java software engineers to write server-side code for
web-based applications for both internal and external use. We are looking
for well-rounded developers who know how to create robust production
applications and can also develop prototypes quickly. You should have a good
understanding of, and practical production experience with, Java web
application development.

Requirements:

University Degree in Computer Science or closely related field (Ph.D. a
plus).
3+ years Java web application programming experience, 5+ years industry
experience.
Experience using SQL including some database design.
Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
Experience with Python, C++, Javascript desired.
Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems.
Fluency in English.
For consideration please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume
to jobs-zurich+30 at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include Java - Zurich. Please include a list of all your Computer
Science coursework along with grades received for both Undergraduate and
Graduate courses.

- Telecommuting is very limited.
- We will take international applicants and no pre-existing work visa will
be required.

Thank you,
Leslie Hawthorn
Staffing Coordinator