[Jobposts] Fwd: [RIDERS-NEWS] Information Systems/Database Consultant Job Posting in DC

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Apr 16 17:09:09 EST 2003

>From: Dan Shenk-Evans <dshenkevans at citidc.com>
>To: riders-news at npogroups.org
>Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:40:11 -0400
>Subject: [RIDERS-NEWS] Information Systems/Database Consultant Job
>Posting in DC
>
>C.I.T.I. seeks a qualified IS consultant to help nonprofits in the DC area
>better utilize their database systems.  Below is the text version of the Job
>Description and how to apply.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan
>
>Dan Shenk-Evans
>Information Systems Consultant
>Community IT Innovators (CITI)
>"Technology Support for Nonprofits"
>
>1330 U St., NW Suite 200
>Washington, DC  20009
>202-234-1600 x360
>www.citidc.com
>dshenkevans at citidc.com
>
>Job Title: Information Systems Consultant
>
>Company: Community IT Innovators, Washington, DC
>
>Start Date: May-June 2003
>
>Position Summary:
>
>Consultant will help clients to maximize the strategic use of information
>systems in order to effectively achieve their mission.  Two major components
>of IS consulting at CITI are software selection consulting and
>implementation support.  The IS consultant will focus on analyzing
>requirements, researching solutions, and helping to select and implement
>solutions that support the business needs of the organization.
>
>Major Responsibilities:
>
>The employee will be an integral part of the IS group within the application
>development team.  Regular services offered to the client may include any of
>the following:
>
>Client Services
>* Requirements analysis
>* Work flow analysis & business process design
>* Vendor identification & software systems evaluation (gap/fit analysis) *
>Request for Proposal development * Contract/negotiations review
>
>* Implementation support
>* Review of design specifications, conversion, and customizations *
>Assessment of training, documentation, and reporting needs * Change
>management and transition support * Establishment of quality measures, and
>post-install evaluation
>
>Other Tasks
>* Conduct initial meetings with prospective clients
>* Respond to RFP's and write proposals
>* Perform follow up work and ongoing account management with existing
>clients * Represent CITI at conferences, partner meetings, and other
>marketing opportunities * Manage all aspects of multiple projects from start
>to finish * Develop good relationships at all levels of the client
>organization, including senior staff
>

>Qualifications:
>
>Commitment to community service is required.  Understanding of nonprofit
>organizations and their culture is highly preferred.  Three to five years
>experience is preferred in two or more of the following areas: requirements
> [...]

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and
love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to
speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh