[Jobposts] Fwd: [RIDERS] Groundspring.org is Hiring a Senior Software Engineer

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Fri Apr 4 12:43:30 EST 2003

>From: Michael Stein <mstein at groundspring.org>
>To: "'riders at npogroups.org'" <riders at npogroups.org>
>Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:44:36 -0800
>Subject: [RIDERS] Groundspring.org is Hiring a Senior Software Engineer
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>Groundspring.org is Hiring a Senior Software Engineer, based in our San
>Francisco office.  I would appreciate your help in circulating this job
>announcement.
>
>Best,
>--Michael Stein
>Associate Director
>Groundspring.org
>

>GROUNDSPRING.ORG
>Job Announcement: Senior Software Engineer
>
>Position Summary
>
>Groundspring.org (formerly eGrants.org), a member of the Tides Family of
>Organizations, helps nonprofit organizations grow with Internet tools,
>training, and techniques. Founded in 1999, Groundspring.org serves more than
>700 organizations, and has processed more than $5 million in online
>donations.  This position is responsible for the development and deployment
>of the next generation of software products for Groundspring.org.
>
>Principal Job Duties
>
>* Work with the Engineering team in the design of the new versions of
>existing products (DonateNow, EmailNow and EBase Enterprise).
>* Interact with other Groundspring's personnel and customers to build the
>product specification.
>* Lead the implementation of the open source version of some of the above
>products.
>* Build test scripts and unit tests to make sure the implementation conforms
>to the specification.
>* Document the architecture of the system along with code documentation
>using systems similar to JavaDoc or DocBook.
>* Deploy the products in a development and production environment.
>
>Key Relationships
>
>Work collaboratively with other Groundspring staff and customers on product
>specification.  Work closely with Groundspring engineering team in product
>design and implementation. Reports directly to the Groundspring Chief
>Technical Officer.
>
>Qualifications
>
>* Must have at least 3 years experience as a software developer involved in
>the design and development of high availability/high-volume web based
>applications using open-source software
>* BS/MS in CS or related field.
>* Proficient in Linux / Unix operating system.
>* Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language (preferably perl or
>python), and fluent with programming in either C++ or Java.
>* Knowledge of various web / mail protocols (http, https, SMTP, XML).
>* Knowledge of Mailing Managers (MailMan, Sympa etc), and mail delivery
>programs (sendmail, postfix etc) would be useful.
>* Working knowledge of opensource databases (mysql / postgres). Knowledge of
>Database design, SQL and stored procedures is a plus.
> [...]

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and
love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to
speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh