[IndiChix] Testing (._.)

SVAKSHA svaksha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:49:52 UTC 2018

Hi List,

The spammer has been put on moderation for now.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:18 AM Sanyam Khurana
<sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:45 PM Sanyam Khurana
> <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM nk_mason via IndiChix
> > <indichix at linuxchix.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is Mason 1-1, Do you copy?
> >
> > Will you please stop doing this?
>
> Can any of the admins please share a mailing list etiquette guidelines
> this list is supposed to follow?

Sorry about the spam. This member subscribed to the list a few minutes
ago and started spamming the list. This has never happened before.

</list admin hat on>
For now they are on moderation and if the spamming continues, ALL
spammers will be removed from the list.

I also request other list members to not respond to spammers publicly
- this could be a way of harvesting your email id, an old trick
spammers resort to when they cant harvest the subscriber list.
If you believe it is spam please write to the owners explaining why
and we will take it off list. This reduces the list noise, trolling
and the propensity for flame wars. The latter is nice for spammers but
genuine list members will leave. Not helpful!

As far as the LinuxCix policy is concerned, we have followed Deb's
original directive: "Be polite. Be helpful. You're bright people.
Extrapolate. In other words, we don't need a lengthy, detailed rule
book because it's all covered by Be polite, be helpful." from
https://www.linuxchix.org/content/about-linuxchix

</list admin hat off>

Have a nice day!
SVAKSHA ॥  http://about.me/svaksha