[IndiChix] Details For Upcoming ILUGD + Linux Chix India Meeting

Shyam Saini mayhs11saini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:29:51 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

We have finally set up things for the upcoming ILUGD + Linux Chix India
meeting.
Here are the Details:

Date :   Saturday, 3rd December, 2016

Timing : 12 pm - 4 pm

Venue : Feminist Approach to Technology,
        #134, 3rd Floor, Vinobhapuri, Lajpat Nagar II, New Delhi, Delhi
	110024

Google Map Direction : https://goo.gl/maps/XbkMzTC5Bhs

Important Note : There will be no parking facility at the Venue. So, I request everyone
to do either car pool or take Cabs or use any  other convenience mode of
transportation.

Contact Person:
		Sahil 9560435905
		Shyam 9711293124

Agenda For ILUG-D + LinuxChix India Meeting

12:00 - 12:30  Introductions details please who are you , why are you here, what are your
	       interests and how you can be of help to the groups?

12:30 - 1:30    So is vim/emacs [in]efficient ?  by Muhammad Falak Reyaz Wani

	A light hearted talk on the capabilities of text editors, and about the age old flame war about vi and emacs.
	Its planned as an interactive talk to explore the hidden power of the seemingly incapable [no offense],
	text editors that have been around for more than 35 years.

	Agenda

	Survival Skills in command line editors.

	Getting help and learning how to start.

	Installing extra packages.

	What if the editor could (compile, debug, email, browse web, organize notes, ofcourse edit)

1:30 - 2:30    A combined talk by Shivani Bhardwaj and Shyam Saini focussing on basic level command line operations,
	       file operations and security principles in Linux.

	An overview of the talks is:
	1. Demonstration of  Linux File Operations and Command line Interface
	2. Best practices and tools to make a Linux system as secure as possible.

	Linux security

	Usage of root account

	Important of sudo, Process isolation, etc

	Password mechanism

	Securing boot process

2:30 - 3:00    Lightning talks not more than 5 minutes each

3:00 - 3:30    Brainstorming what we want these groups to be ?

3:30 - 4:00    Snacks and Tea  ( if at all we will get one from
               some sponsor ? ) Networking till our hosts says to get
	       out!

I hope to see you all in the meeting.

Thanks and Regards,
Shyam