[IndiChix] Fwd: Inviting you for the Wikipedia editathon

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 13:39:07 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shobha S V <shobha at breakthrough.tv>
Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Subject: Inviting you for the Wikipedia editathon
To: tech_for_change at googlegroups.com

Hello once again,

This is to remind you all again that we have one more Wikipedia editathon
lined up this Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. Please do come. :-) Lunch will
be on us!

This time it is going to be about topics related to LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender, Queer) issues. The event is lead by Centre for Internet
and Society <http://www.cis-india.org/> and we at Breakthrough are
supporting them.

Venue: Breakthrough, 1st floor, E 1-A, Kailash Colony, Near Kailash Colony
Market, New Delhi 110048, Phone: 011 41666101-06

Wiki Loves Pride is a global campaign to expand and improve LGBT-related
content across several Wikimedia projects [1]. We invite you to participate
in a two-week long edit-a-thon to help improve Wikipedia's coverage of
India relevant LGBT-related content.

The event aims at creating new articles, expanding the existing stubs and
translating English articles to various Indian languages with a focus on
LGBT Rights, Culture and History in India. Please feel free to chip in with
ideas, articles and activities on the event page on Meta [2].

Everyone is welcome to join the event as enthusiasts, editors, translators,
bloggers or event managers. Start by signing up as a participant [3].

You can also RSVP on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1440507522887388/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1>
.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Pride

[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/India_Access_To_Knowledge/Events/Wiki_Loves_Pride_2014
[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/India_Access_To_Knowledge/Events/Wiki_Loves_Pride_2014#Sign_up
]]

Please feel to write to me for any clarifications. Looking forward to
seeing you all.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shobha S V | Manager, Multimedia

Breakthrough

E-1 A Kailash Colony, 1st Floor, New Delhi 110048, India

Skype: shobha.sv I Twitter: @bell_bajao | www.bellbajao.org |
www.breakthrough.tv

Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important
that you do it <http://bangalore.aidindia.org/>.
Find me on the internet <http://about.me/satabdi>