[IndiChix] [X-post] The InfoLadies of Bangladesh

Kadambari Devarajan kadambari.devarajan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 01:27:38 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the cross-posting. I read this really interesting piece
about some women in rural Bangladesh on the DevChix list :
http://southasia.oneworld.net/fromthegrassroots/info-ladies-make-life-easier-in-bangladesh/.
They bring information and "answers" to questions ranging from health care
to pesticides to family planning, to villages in Bangladesh on netbooks, and
travel to villages systematically on their bicycles. To the impoverished (in
more ways than one - think "information") villagers, they're superheroes and
lifesavers.

I wish we had more such programs like these in India. I think I know what I
can do when am back there. Using FOSS for such a program in India would be
fantastic. Just thought it was worth sharing!

Cheers,
KD.