[IndiChix] floss events/confs

vid vid at svaksha.com
Tue Jun 23 04:46:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:23, Ketan
Padegaonkar<ketanpadegaonkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> The server has rarely gone down, the hosting is provided on a grid so
> one machine on a grid going down should still ensure that the content
> gets served.
>
> The problem here continues to be the dns server, where the alt dns
> server does not return an IP address for india.linuxchix.org and
> therefore the connection times out.
>
> ketanpadegaonkar at storm ~swtbot (master) % nslookup
>  > server ns2.demandspace.com
> Default server: ns2.demandspace.com
> Address: 216.134.213.24#53
>  > india.linuxchix.org
> Server:         ns2.demandspace.com
> Address:        216.134.213.24#53
>
> ** server can't find india.linuxchix.org: NXDOMAIN

Ketan, here is what i got on a nslookup.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	india.linuxchix.org
Address: 64.13.203.77

Can you explain this ? I'm CC'ing the volunteers and chapters list so
they can help us out.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:07, Anivar Aravind<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW http://www.linuxchix.org/india.html needs correction. it is pointing to
> old url

thanks for the poke ...a draft has been sitting in my box for ages now :)

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||