No subject

Thu Jan 22 01:38:15 UTC 2009

We are LinuxChix-India (LCIN), the Indian chapter of LinuxChix.org.
LCIN tries to empower Indian women to use, develop and contribute to
the world of Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS). It aims to
bring together women around India involved in various FLOSS projects,
foster participation and share knowledge.

Our goal is to promote the usage of FLOSS and to help women in India
to identify the avenues for contribution with various levels of
expertise - users, newbies, enthusiasts, subject matter experts, geeks
to various upstream projects. To achieve this vision, LinuxChix India
intends to establish itself as a platform for knowledge sharing and
facilitate women interested in FOSS from around India to talk,
participate at events, volunteer, learn, mentor and help each other.

If you like real-time conversations, talk to us via IRC : #indichix on
the server irc.linuxchix.org ; And/Or
subscribe to our mailing list here :

Wikipedia has a list of all the chapters
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linuxchix] and here is an article about
LCIN by Frederick Noronha :
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Software/LinuxChix-India_aims_at_free_software_access_for_women/articleshow/3217080.cms

If you require any more information, feel free to ask.

--
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||