[IndiChix] Call for volunteers

hassath at gmail.com hassath at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:09:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Gayathri Swaminathan
<gayathri.swa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I can help on the wiki edits. +1 to Sriram coordinating efforts
> so we can track changes later on.

Thanks, Gayathri. I'm sure we can use all the help we can get on this.

>>>  Also have not heard from Barkha/ Aneesha/ Ankita/
>>> Archana/ Runa. This is concerning as they all are good contributors to
>>> LC-IN.
>>
>> Archana has already responded earlier somewhere, if I recall
>> correctly. As for the others, yes, all of us are concerned that we
>> haven't heard from them. But the work needs to be done, so we are
>> going ahead. Do you have any suggestions as to what else we could do
>> about obtaining the opinions of the people mentioned?
>
> Am not certain how to  :) Perhaps just call them and see if they have
> some time to chat?

If that's something you feel comfortable doing, please go ahead.
Personally, where a community project like this is concerned, I would
not initiate any off-list communication, because it puts me in a tight
spot if the other party accuses me of having said/intended something
unpleasant. I much more prefer something that is open and transparent
for everyone to see and check out (even if it gets us labelled
militant feminists or control freaks ;-).
If you're going to try calling them, good luck. But frankly, I'm not
holding my breath. :-)

I'm sure Sriram will send us each some stuff we can do. Thanks for
your effort, Gayathri.

--
- Hassath