[IndiChix] [1] hosting and [2] wiki backups

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 18:39:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM, VidAyer <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> @Anivar : Would you happen to know any non-profit in India that would
> be willing to host LCIN?
>
> Fwiw, some LC women have been kind enough to offer to host us but as a
> local chapter its better to find volunteers within the Indian
> community. So while their offer is appreciated, its a last resort just
> incase we cant get things going locally. Based on the responses thus
> far, that should not be a problem :)
>
> Thoughts !

Seems that e-governance India [1] and Free software foundation India [2]
would be good places to start with queries for starters. Could write and ask
them if they know any non-profits that would host LC-India.

We have been able to approach Universities for hosting local chapters in US.
The open source lab[3] at Ohio state university hosts linuxchix.org

If hosting in India is preferred approaching a university within India seems
rational, indeed. Are there some members here who have university tie-ins?
This also sounds like a splendid opportunity to encourage student
participations.

I have not heard from Archu on all of this... at Archu are you around? :)

[1] http://www.egovindia.org/
[2] http://fsf.org.in/
[3] http://osuosl.org/

--