[IndiChix] [jobs] PHP Developer needed

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:25:30 UTC 2009

Hey list:

At Thoughtworks Bangalore, we need a web developer to work along with
another person already on the team.

We have a few company websites running on various technologies, and
we're looking at consolidating all of these using Drupal/PHP. We
estimate these tasks alone to take a good six months, and there is
always continuous work the needs doing.

What we're looking for in the person:
- PHP skills (Drupal and PHP experience necessary)
- MySQL skills (work with queries, create tables and databases,
perform occassional maintenance)
- Javascript skills (use Firebug and the Firefox web developer toolbar
to test, write the necessary Javascript for web page automation)
- CSS skills (translate an artist's artwork into a web page's look and feel)
- Ability to read and port some RoR based websites into PHP/Drupal based sites
- Understand W3C and cross-browser compliance
- A desire to learn what you do not already know, and the humility to
accept that which you do not know
- Understand the Marketing team's requirements and translate those
into functional code
- Work with zero support from anyone else apart from team members
(sysadmins will help, of course).
- If unfamiliar with testing tools such as Sahi/Selenium, then be
willing to learn how to write tests for web apps.
- Should be familiar with the Linux command line environment.
- Ideally, should have an understanding of PHP design patterns.

Freshers are welcome too. We're looking for results more than qualifications.

Caveats:
- If a person is found to be a quick and dirty programmer without any
sense of clean design or code maintainability, then that person will
be asked to leave. We're firm about this.

Please reply to me off-list with "[INDICHIX - PHP Job]" in the subject line.

-- Ram