[IndiChix] Mail for Swati Sani: Request for domain transfer - linuxchix.org.in

hassath at gmail.com hassath at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:48:51 UTC 2009

also cc-ed to the following addresses:
technical at sanisoft.com
information at sanisoft.com
swati at linuxchix.org.in
swati at sanisoft.com

Hello Swati.

It's been a while since you've been on the list, and about a year
since you have unsubscribed from the list and moved on. We wish you
success with whatever else you are doing now.

Some others (old and new) on the list are active though, and various
list members have varied interests. Some interests are related to
evangelism and support which are going on in various forms. Others
include handling administrative issues involved with running a user
group. Some of us have felt the need for active members to be owners
and admins of the domain name. This is influenced by accepted practice
in many other communities. We realize that you have registered the
domain name, and that you have renewed it recently as well. Would it
be possible for you to transfer the domain name ownership to the
active list members, please ? We, of course, offer to reimburse the
domain registration fee that you would have just paid to renew the
domain. Could you let us know the paid amount?

Given the disconnected nature of email, we feel it prudent to clarify
that this is not a demand, but a request, since we recognize that you
have purchased the domain and have paid for the renewal as well. We're
asking simply as community members, and are basing our request on the
principle of active enthusiasts who wish to be caretakers.

We have tried to contact you earlier at swati at sanisoft.com since that
was known to us to be your email address. However, not having received
a response to our earlier mails, we decided to send this mail to the
email addresses mentioned at your business site as well, in the
assumption that you would be receiving those emails.

Do let us know your thoughts on transferring the domain name. We would
like to take a decision amongst ourselves on this matter, and hope to
receive a response by the 15th of January, 2009.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and wishing you all the best,
On behalf of IndiChix,
--
- Hassath