[IndiChix] Chix wars

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:28:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Gayathri Swaminathan <
gayathri.swa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM, <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Well, that *is* what we are trying to do - resolve these issues asap.
>> We need to write an official mail to Swati Sani requesting her to hand
>> over the domain. Any volunteers for drafting such a mail? I would
>> suggest that all suggestions for points to be incorporated in such a
>> mail be sent here. Or does anyone else have any alternate suggestions
>> on how to go about it?
>>
>> Or - does anyone here have appropriate rights to change the definition
>> of the virtual host on the current web server? If yes, please say so
>> now. Even if you disagree and don't want to do it for whatever reasons
>> - please speak up now and clarify your stand.
>>
>> As of now, only Gayathri has offered herself as a volunteer. Anybody
>> else who wants to volunteer for anything?
>>
>> > Regards,
>> > pavithran
>>
>> Thanks for your suggestions, Pavithran.
>> --
>> - Hassath
>

> Hey Hassath:
>
> Here is my suggestion.
>
> Regarding domain names themselves for any domain, there are two types of
> contacts:
>
> - Administrative contact - this is usually a firm's billing/legal/marketing
> department
> - Technical contact - this is usually the webmasters/ sysadmins/ identifed
> technical handles
>
> It's easy to do this if the contacts/ roles are defined. In case of
> linuxchix.org.in suggest that we start with this effort. I volunteer to
> populate this information at the wiki - will definitely need help of current
> administrators ( Archana/ yourself/ Vid/ Runa/ Barkha/ Aneesha/
> Swati...missing more here...)
>
> Once we have this defined, we (administrators/ interested/ curious/
> volunteers) should converse on which team/roles will hold
> administrative/technical contact for domain.

Hi:

Here is draft of the proposed page:
http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Volunteer_for_LinuxChix-India

Still need help to populate contact information and other details.

Would like to suggest we use the following for contact information specific
to domain:

* Domain registrar - LinuxChix-India ( need a distribution email group
info at linuxchix.org.in that goes to identified owners)
* Administrator contact - LinuxChix-India ( the group above)
* Technical contact - Systems administrators, Wiki administrators, Planet
administrators, List administrators.

After hanging out here for over a year it seems** the owners group initially
will include the following members:

Aneesha, Ankita, Archana, Barkha, Hassath, Runa, Swati, Vidya

**going off mailing list archives, media

If this sounds right can further approach Swati with this information and
see how to progress from that point on.

Please include other members or details I have missed.

--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39