[IndiChix] Unresolved issues [was] LC-india domain

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 07:12:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Kingsly John
<member+indichix at kingsly.net> wrote:
> +++ Sriram Narayanan [2009-01-02 11:24:56]:
>

> Personally it's better put our efforts into something more positive/rewarding
> than just getting back the domain.(Not that getting it back wouldn't be a
> good thing.)

I agree with the rationale of what you state, but also feel that the
following ought to be carried out as well. I see below that you agree.

>> In the interests of setting a precedent for getting domain admin rights to
>> the active and recognized leaders of this list, I would vote that we make
>> documented and public efforts to get an answer from the existing domain
>> owners. We need to explicitly state just why we want this even though the
>> existing domain name owners have every legal right to hold on to the the
>> domain name that they have renewed.
>>
>> If we don't get a response in a reasonable period of time, then we can
>> state that as well on the list, and then move to Plan B.
>>
>> Having a written record of everything thing would only help us as a
>> community in the long run.
>
> Agreed. Lets send a final mail... and CC the official list too like Vid's
> original mail. And suggest a list of 3 people to be nominated as the various
> contacts for the domain. (It might require for the domain to be renewed for
> another year at the cost of around US$10-20 depending on the registrar)

Ack.

> My suggestion is we give them a deadline of say Jan 15th to transfer domain
> over to the following three as the contacts.
>
> My nominations for the contacts are...
>
> Archu archu.oct at gmail.com
> Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
> hassath  hassath at gmail.com
> (You might have to provide your full names and other contact info if
> necessary.)

I second these nominations. But I think it's best to have a separate
mail proposing our contact nominations and the nominees accepting the
nomination on the list itself (I see how this works fine for all the
projects at apache.org).

> Which should also blow a hole into their conspiracy theory about Vid wanting
> "control" and expose their unwillingness to let go of the domain at any cost.

Ack. I'm amused by how we as a list are having to focus on the
"control" aspect and justify that there's no need for "control" here.
It's almost as if there's money and funding involved somehow with user
group activity !

> Kingsly
> --
-- Sriram