[IndiChix] http://india.linuxchix.org/ - Is now open!

Radha radha.nitt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:32:41 UTC 2009

Hi All,

The http://india.linuxchix.org/ site is now up and running.

Please create an account for yourself and start improving!

Kindly post to the list in case you face any difficulty.

Here is a summary of how it all happened:

   - After poll, Ketan's webspace was voted for primary webspace for
   india.linuxchix.org and Sudharsan's is voted for secondary/backup space.
   - Sriram extracted the contents of linuxchix.org.in and passed on to us.
   - Ketan added my ssh key to the server, after Sriram called up and
   confirmed my identity,passed ssh key to Ketan.
   - Ketan helped us with login credentials and setup mediawiki,mysql for
   the india.linuxchix.org
   - Once these things are in place, followed [1] and extracted contents of
   mediawiki, changes the main page of wiki[2],[3]
   - Modified index.php to point to our new wiki

Thanks to Sriram,Ketan,Vid for all support,patience and help in setting up
this space.

It had been good fun and learning to migrate the Wiki. Looking forward to
learn and do more!

Regards,
Radha

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps