[IndiChix] ACM scholarships for women in computing

Vinayak Hegde vinayakh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:19:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://women.acm.org/scholarships.html
>
> "...ACM-W is pleased to announce a new program that will provide support
> for women students in Computer Science and related programs (at the
> undergraduate or graduate levels) who wish to attend research
> conferences. Exposure to the CS research world can be an important
> factor in encouraging a student to continue on to the next level
> (undergraduate to graduate, Masters to Ph.D., Ph.D. to an industry or
> academic position). It is not required that the student be presenting a
> paper at the conference she attends. In cases of exceptional
> demonstrable interest in pursuing study and research in CS, high school
> students will also be considered for conference support. Initially up to
> 12 such scholarships, of up to $500 each, will be awarded annually..."

BTW There is an active ACM chapter in Bangalore which holds monthly
Tech Talks and an annual conference called ACM Compute.
(compute.acmbangalore.org)

You can join the ACM chapter mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/acm-bangalore-chapter for updates.

Disclaimer: I am one of the office-bearers at ACM Bangalore.

-- Vinayak
--
Blog @ http://thoughts.vinayakhegde.com