[IndiChix] Request for interview...

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Fri May 30 12:28:25 UTC 2008

Thanks, Ankita. Here are just a few queries... Will leave it to you'll
to decide who would like to answer which (or whether one or two
persons would like to take all). Please send me brief one-para
introductions of whoever is doing the answering though. Thanks!

Here goes:

1. What's the history of LinuxChix-India?
2. How well has it been doing?
3. What have been its significant successes, and limitations?
4. Why, in your view, is the women-participation level so low for FLOSS?
5. What can be done to improve this?
6. Do you think guys are subconsciously or consciously exclusivist or
'old boys clubish' in their approach?
7. Can you site some experiences (even without names, if needed) that
your memebers and or friends have been trhough while trying to
understand, and master, technology? I mean offputting negative
examples that would illustrate the point?
8. Do you think that it's tougher for a woman to master FLOSS or not?
Why? Any three reasons for your answer?
9. What are the challenges before FLOSS in India if it is to see, say,
a 50% women participation rate? Is this at all possible?
10 With a name like LinuxChix, in a context like India, does it make
people misunderstand the group (I mean, chix might seem a bit
frivolous, though I know the intent is not).
11 I know you'll include guys in your group (I am a member too). Why?
12 Do you believe that same-gender learning environments (e.g. women
alone) might help women to master FLOSS easier?
13 Lastly tell us something about your group, membership size,
priorities, focus, etc.
14 Anything else you'd like to add.

Thanks so much. And even 1-2 para replies to each would be fine. With
best wishes for all your initiatives, FN

2008/5/30 Ankita Garg <gargankita at gmail.com>:
> Hi Frederick,
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया]
> <fred at bytesforall.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear LinuxChix-India. To introduce myself briefly, I am a journalist who
>> writes on FLOSS. I would like to write on Linux-Chix India, its activities
>> and priorities, and related issues.If you agree, may I send across queries
>> via email? If needed, we could do the interview with 2-3 persons giving
>> replies (brief ones are fine). Looking forward to a positive reply, and with
>> good wishes.FN
>
> Nice to hear from you. LinuxChix India would be happy to feature in the
> article. In my opinion, it would be great if you could send the queries via
> an email...what do others think?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ankita
> http://ankis-world.blogspot.com

Frederick FN Noronha * Independent Journalist
http://fn.goa-india.org * Phone +91-832-2409490
Cell +91-9970157402 (sometimes out of range)
http://www.youtube.com/user/fredericknoronha