[IndiChix] [RFC] Local Contacts page

Runa Bhattacharjee runa.misc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:42:11 UTC 2008

Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  The following page is an attempt to put together a page for local contacts (nearest geographical
>>  area of relevance) for LinuxChix India, as suggested by Aneesh Mulye during the BoF at GNUNIFY '08
>>  in Pune . [1]
>>
>>  http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/LinuxChix_India_Contacts
>
> I think this is a great initiative. Since there would be several
> members with privacy concerns who wouldn't want to volunteer this
> information on the wiki, perhaps there could be a paragraph
> encouraging people to contact the list if they don't find any local
> reps? This way, someone might respond (even though their contact is
> not on the page), and there's always an opportunity for the person
> looking up this information to become the first contact in that
> location.

Yup absolutely. People on the list can also guide them to any local contacts they might know of, who
could lend  a hand. [Page updated]

Although the whole exercise could be done via the mailing list in the first place, sometimes there
could perhaps be situations when local help would be urgently needed. In any case, contact
information to be publicized, is at the discretion of the person volunteering in the first place.

cheers
Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com