[IndiChix] Chapter Name suggestions

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 06:08:03 UTC 2008

Hi:

This thread is just now kickstarting the suggestion of "Yes/No for name
change" and "if Yes, suggest names"

Nothing has been said or done. So while your concerns mailing list / website
might get addressed later point. That is if a name change occurred it might
be logical then to register that domain etc.,

Am not still seeing your issue with introducing <$newname> as is..Would we
have to mention we are part of LinuxChix everytime or just have that info
included part of our description?

Right the wiki/ this mailing list exist so everyone can freely discuss their
concerns.

Yes, there is a potential for encouraging Indian women towards Linux/ FOSS
and yes localization can be part of the activities - like translating Linux
documentation to Indian languages.

Yup, my mileage definitely varies from yours :)

Not expecting any change of mindsets here by a simple thing such as name
change, but I know to pick my battles as well. Banging one's head on a known
wall established to be a brick wall injures the person, **not** the brick
wall.

This is no planned exercise IMHO. Seems like a valuable concern that has
popped up in this list/irc/meeting several times. Why not discuss it,
validate concerns instead of cowboying around.

LCIN is fairly new and things are still getting figured out for long terms.

I do agree that the final decision be made by the advisory group who have
silently been doing all the background work for so long.

Gayathri

Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39
Volunteer, FDP