[IndiChix] Chapter Name suggestions

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:57:28 UTC 2008

Hi:

Not reading between lines. In fact if you re-read what I was saying, think
we should in fact discuss openly and see if a name change is necessary.

"We" as in all the indichix mailing list members. To me all members need to
have say in something huge as a name change. Some may be like to keep, some
may not but **that** discussion should happen.

Anyone signing up for linuxchix.org.in wiki have access to the Yes/No page
on the name change Runa has setup. Or they could respond to this thread here
and say it.

Personalities do differ. But think the community should be able to agree on
a unanimous decision be whatever personal reasons for the chapter's sake,
logically.

As I have relayed in the my past emails, I like the "LinuxChix" name, think
it is an intelligent twist. But also see other's viewpoint/ problems with
it. ( indichix members, chicaslinux.org etc.,).

Here is another question then, if we changed our name to something else like
chicaslinux.org did, and still associated ourselves with LinuxChix's main
objectives, will it matter? As long we did conduct activities, projects,
efforts to empower women..will it matter to call ourselves something else?

Gayathri