[IndiChix] Introduction

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 14:20:59 UTC 2008

Hi Satya,

On 2/29/08, satya komaragiri <satya.komaragiri at gmail.com> wrote:
> well i did try doing *something* to it... call it learner's curiosity or
> stupidity... but now neither Linux nor windows boots...
> it says grub loading error 22 then nothing

Umm..... did you try the suggestions earlier and did they work ?
Holler if you need help.

> i tried to meddle a little with the booting preferences too... (as it is it
> wasn't working .. ) but reverted back to the previous settings as it didn't
> work..

can you describe what didnt work ? will be easy for readers to
understand if you mentioned what partitions you created and so on...

> but seriously, if anyone knows how to get at least one operating system to
> start working,without losing my data on C:, ill be really thankful

next time you install windows do create an ntfs partition (you can use
Linux to retrieve data without any data loss) and store all the
important stuff there. Its unfair to compare OS's but something like
the /home partition on Linux.

> hey btw... Sanskritised names were suggested precisely for the reason that
> you point out... Sanskrit is no region's specific..( not that i know it or

I am no language expert either but definitely a huge fan of Sanskrit
language and yet I dont see it representing the Indian diversity
wholly for various reasons beyond the purview of this post :-)

> anything... had to actually go name hunting for it :P )well... i too have
> nothing against linuxchix india... sounds cool... but i can't guarantee the
> same response from all others in my college or elsewhere

Yeah, like you I too think the Linuxchix name sounds cool and has
loads of attitude. So if you encounter folks who dont get it, try
explaining that it is  definitely about taking a negative term and
empowering it via technology.

The Chix is also a wordplay on Linux/Unix. Respectability comes with
the work we do so point that out to them.  However you may not be able
to convince every person out there which is perfectly fine......not
everyone will agree with you on the Gnu/Linux philosophy or want to
use it but is that going to stop you from using it !?

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||