[IndiChix] How to become open source contributor?

Radha radha.nitt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 07:45:37 UTC 2008

>          I am not really sure what your interests - i mean domain
> specific interests. But with your knowledge/interest of C/C++, you are
> most welcome to contribute to the KDE project :).  I can give you as
> many pointers ( pun intended ).

Domain specific interest..I don't know what you mean by domain.. I like
debugging and solving issues(C,C++,Scripting, general configuration). I am
not sure whether that could be called a domain! :). Otherwise I like working
in Linux generally. Writing scripts trying out new tools! Working without
windows.

>          In KDE we have something called as "Junior Jobs", where some
> easy fixes need to be done with the guidance of some mentor.  It is a
> very good point to start because things are easy/to moderately
> challenging, and a great opportunity to learn more as you go ahead.
>
>          Another solution would be to start delving in to code base
> of comparatively easy and fun but very important applications like
> kde-edu [1] and start working on them, maybe find a easy bug to fix or
> do something else. There are more interesting places as well, just a
> pointer for now.
>
>           If you need more specific  ( KDE ) pointers, feel free to ask.
>
>           [1] http://edu.kde.org/
>
> Thanks Pradeepto. I didn't know anything about this junior job till today!
:). Sure will check that out. And yes would come up and ask more questions!
:)

Thank you so much for responding immediately! It is so motivating to get
involved!

-Radha