[IndiChix] #indichix

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:35:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Vid. A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan
> <nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> AFAIK the LinuxChix IRC
>> server doesn't maintain logs, and if logs *did* get published, it must
>> have been personal logs of someone.
>
> right, no log bots is the lc policy (like many other channels) so if
> personal logs are archived publicly, its not ok.

Agreed. And if public archives *are* being maintained (after
everyone's agreement), it should be mentioned in the topic.

> Found the user stats (not the discussion) for indichix[1]. and other
> LC rooms[2] too on gogloom[4]. Not sure if that syncs with LC policy.
>
> [1] http://en.gogloom.com/Linuxchix/indichix/
> [2] http://en.gogloom.com/Linuxchix/linuxchix/

Channel stats are trivial to get from the server without actually
joining a channel. So this can't be controlled by anyone (except
perhaps the IRC server admins if they decide to have a blacklist).

> downloaded txt file[3] which seems like a personal log uploaded by someone.
>
> [3] http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache:CtwP7ZkfCL0J:pastebin.osuosl.org/pastebin.php%3Fdl%3D8799+%23indichix&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9

That someone being me. pavi was flooding the channel with join/parts
and I wanted to show him what it looks like from everyone else's POV.
He subsequently fixed the problem (don't remember exactly how). The
problem was that the connection was being constantly dropped by a
local firewall.

None of these seem to indicate public archiving, so I suppose there's
no archiving being done after all.

Okay everyone, false alarm, nothing to see here, please move along :-)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan