[IndiChix] Final Year Projects & Linux?

Sindhu S me at sindhu-s.com
Thu Jul 10 12:46:55 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I am Sindhu Sundar from Mangalore, India. I just joined LinuxChix and I
figured I'd ask some questions that's been bothering me lately.

I've been using Linux for about 3 years now and am pretty comfortable with
it and right now am pursuing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
at SAC<http://staloysius.edu.in>,
am in my 5th semester (Final year), and for the 6th we have a project which
we have to do for a company (we have no written finals).

I want to do project (whatever it's going to be) for linux platform, but am
doubtful if there are any companies who use linux on a daily basis here in
mangalore, can somebody suggest me what kind of projects i can look for if
am determined only to do for linux platforms? and what kind of companies i
should approach?

Do let me know your opinions, thanks :)

*P.S: *I checked out
this<http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/LinuxChix_India_Contacts#Karnataka>page,
turns out there is no volunteer for karnataka region, can i become
one? if so, what are the requirements and pre-requisites?
--
-Sindhu S
[http://sindhu.tumblr.com]