[IndiChix] Bangalore Meeting Minutes :: 2008Jan19

Hassath hassath at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:33:40 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 2:31 PM, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Meeting Minutes for ::  2008Jan19
>
> People who attended :
>
> 1]Ankita Garg
> 2]Vid Ayer
> 3]Vikram Vincent
> 4]Balachander (reporter who came to cover the meeting)

(Hmm. I seem to recall some people suggesting that 19th was a better
date and so on. But looks like not many people turned up.)

> MINUTES
> ========

> 0] LCIN meetup notice in Bangalore Mirror
> We were informed that the article (press draft) that was approved on
> the list on Friday was not used at all. Rather the notice about the
> meetup was printed in Bangalore Mirror's "Entertainment" section.
> Since Balu had not brought any copies to the meeting none of us could
> read it.

Huh? So strange. 'Entertainment' section- god!

> 1] Our Website : www.linuxchix.org.in

> 1.3] Site Infrastructure : Currently Vaibhav is hosting it (thanks :))
> but none of the grrls here have ssh access. Since its his private
> server it may not be possible for him to do so. Hence I suggest LCIN
> looks for alternative hosting facilities which will allow us to
> complete #1, #1.1 and #1.2 listed above quickly.

Yes, sounds sensible. Anyone has any ideas about alternative hosting

> Vaibhav, as suggested in an earlier mail, could you kindly transfer
> the domain registration to someone local, read female volunteers in
> India and also keep one of the Tres Chix in the loop.

That also sounds good- but in whose name should the domain be, then?
Are there any volunteers?