[IndiChix] Tania's project etc.

Tea Beedi tbd.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:08:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Just my +1 to support Tania's project, agree with Gayathri's
suggestions, and to move away from the chix semantics thread :

> On Jan 11, 2008 6:18 PM, Tania P?rez Bustos <tpbustos at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all
>> My name is Tania P?rez Bustos,

> Would you be interested in getting in touch with a person who has
> worked (in India) along similar lines. If yes, i can send the details
> offlist.
>

>> will be going to Bangalore in next June, and I will be very much
>> interested

On these lines, and along with TAnia, I would be interested in
starting/ continuing/ joining a small group of people interested in
this topic, and as Vid suggested, taking it offline , + maybe
starting a wiki for collaboration, etc., and meeting up in bangalore
as/ when possible. I have a few other friends who are interested too
but none of us has actually put the time into setting up a site for
collaboration yet [much talk, no walk :)] There are lots of FOSS
discussion lists etc out there but the women's / feminist focus is
more rare. [That's why I think Indichix is so great.] Lots more to
explore about chix semantix but will save it for this more particular
offline discussion, as there are more immediate tasks at hand:

On Jan 15, 2008, at 4:00 AM, indichix-request at linuxchix.org wrote:

In short... many talk, few walk the talk.

> - Mashups of similar interest members - kinda team concept for
> different OSS
> projects
> - Strive to provide strong Indichix contributions to OSS

Yes - in fact many people at the foss.in discussion mentioned to me
that there are more women (in the indian foss community) who do
kernel contributions, than men. is that true, and where do they get
that statistic from (anecdotal, factual, etc?)

> Think having a mixed group of Indichix is healthy
> for the long term establishments of the chapter/ growth.

Think all these are great ideas,Gayathri, my support to all.
BTW I would also add that there is occasionally a good relationship
sometimes between talk and walk... that's why discussion lists have
been so important, if we don't talk 2 each other, it's hard to share
opinions and take action in all our disparate locations...

ciao, K